NEW YORK, December 21, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Americans have made many successful cash moves in 2021 and have a lot to celebrate by celebrating the holiday season.
MagnifyMoney’s most recent survey found that while many Americans have met their debt repayment goals in 2021, many still have financial regrets for the year.
- Almost 70% of Americans celebrated financial achievement in 2021. Paying off credit card debt and increasing savings were at the top of the list, followed by the purchase of a car.
- Despite these celebrations, 78% still had financial regrets. This is because of not saving enough money, spending beyond your means, and accumulating credit card debt.
- Fewer Americans are making financial resolutions for 2022. Just over a third of consumers (36%) set a financial resolution for the new year, up from 51% last year and 47% in 2019.
- As in previous years, getting out of debt is the number one financial resolution for consumers in the New Year. Then they increase their credit score and save more money.
- More consumers say they are in a worse financial situation than this time last year. Of the respondents, 35% say they were better last year, while 24% say they are better now. However, two exceptions are the Gen Zers and those who win $ 75,000 or more, who say their finances are better now than they were around this time last year.
See the full report: https://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/news/financial-resolutions-survey/
MagnifyMoney.com, a subsidiary of LendingTree, makes it easy for consumers to purchase the best financial products and get their most important financial questions answered. MagnifyMoney’s unbiased advice and comprehensive database of products help millions of people compare credit cards, loans, checking accounts, and savings accounts. MagnifyMoney’s Personal Finance Expert Newsroom is dedicated to helping people save money and lead financially healthier lives through strategies and tips to Avoid Fees, Get Out of Debt, Pay Off student loans, avoid consumer scams and other financial matters. MagnifyMoney was launched in 2014, was acquired by LendingTree in 2017, and is based in New York, New York State. For more information, please visit www.magnifymoney.com.